Terms & Conditions
The followings terms & conditions apply to delegates attending an FE conference hosted by the Learning Curve Group.
All chargeable bookings (i.e. those made by non-Learning Curve Group clients) made prior to the conference must be paid in full to guarantee registration. Once registration has been received, an email confirmation and an invoice will be sent. Until payment is made, registration will be provisional. All clients who have been billed by Learning Curve Group for any of the company's services since August 1st 2013 will not be charged for attending this event. However, if these delegates do not attend or do not source an alternative representative, without giving at least 48 hours notice the client will be charged the full delegate fee.
2. Substitutions & Cancellations
Paying delegates (non-Learning Curve Group clients) may nominate an alternative person from their organisation to attend up to 24 hours prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. Should substitution not be possible, cancellation charges for paying delegates apply as follows:
- 48 hours or less prior to event: 100% of the delegate fee
All substitutions and cancellations must be received in writing.
3. Access Requirements
Delegates should advise of any special access requirements at the time of registration.
4. Registration Information
Registration information will be sent to registered delegates by email at least seven days prior to the event. Any delegate not receiving the registration information should contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Alterations to Programme
Learning Curve Group reserves the right to make alterations to the conference programme, venue and timings.
- In the unlikely event of the programme being cancelled by Learning Curve Group, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
- In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the conference is being postponed or the dates being changed, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
- If by re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the organisers shall remain in force and will be subject to the cancellation schedule in paragraph 2.
Views expressed by speakers are their own. Learning Curve Group cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the conference or in any material provided to delegates.
7. Photography & Filming
For promotional purposes, there may be professional photography taking place during the conference. Delegates who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should email Lauren Whysall on email@example.com prior to the event.
8. Data Protection
By submitting registration details, delegates agree to allow Learning Curve Group and companies associated with the conference to contact them regarding their services. Delegates who do not wish to receive such communications please email firstname.lastname@example.org . The contact details of registered delegates will be placed on the attendee list which will be passed to sponsoring companies and to all attendees for them to see who is at the conference for the purpose of networking. Delegates who do not wish to be included on this list should advise at the time of booking.
9. Websites & Links
The conference and associated Learning Curve Group websites may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, for which Learning Curve Group takes no responsibility. Neither can responsibility be taken for contents of any website linking to this website.
It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the conference. Learning Curve Group cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
11. Speakers Terms & Conditions
- Learning Curve Group may use the speaker's name and presentation materials for promoting delegate attendance at the conference.
- Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations will not be returned unless specifically requested by the author. The papers must be objective and completely free of advertising and commercialism.
- Learning Curve Group may audio and/or video tape the speaker's session and the recording may be reproduced and sold as part of the overall conference materials. This allows delegates to purchase audio/video copies of presentations that they may have been unable to attend.
- Learning Curve Group may reproduce copies of the speaker's presentation (eg. PowerPoint slides or supporting handouts) on paper and/or electronically and these may be sold as part of the overall hand - out materials during the conference and after the event. Any acknowledgement regarding Copyright or support should be included at the end of the abstract/presentation, as these will be distributed to the conference delegates.
- Speakers who do not wish to give permission for the above terms and conditions, please email email@example.com before the commencement of the conference.