The future of English and maths within FE
The first of our events, the English and maths roadshow, with sessions in York, Manchester, London and Birmingham, has proved a great success. Over 50 delegates attended each venue, a positive sign that those working within the Further Education sector are aware of our high-quality courses and their benefits.
The events focussed on the future of these core subjects within FE and were fully booked within two weeks of the dates being released. Delegates were given essential information on funding policy and rates, audit compliance and delivery best practice by Jon Cummins, Group Commercial Director, Director Beej Kaczmarczyk, Tim Humphries, Maths and English Development Manager, and Jonathan Wells, of For Skills, a design and consultancy which provides innovative web-based learning resources to address the needs of those wishing to implement and manage online learning and also the events' co-host.
Specifically, Jon and Beej spoke about the benefits of promoting English and maths, Tim gave details of how we deliver embedded maths and English, and Jonathan talked about high quality delivery.
We are delighted with the success of these innovative events, slides from the event are available to download from here.
About Learning Curve Group
Learning Curve Group works in partnership with over 125 FE Providers to support the delivery of outstanding training. Our key services include:
- Low-risk, high-quality subcontracted activity with 94% success rates
- Links to over 4,000 employers that created 20,000 learner referrals for technical certificates and apprenticeship programmes in 13/14
- NCFE approved learning resources available in hard copy or online
- Innovative web-based learning platform for the study programme that was used by over 8,000 learners last academic year.
About ForSkills and Guroo
ForSkills and Guroo are the UK's biggest suppliers of e-learning resources, assessments and diagnostics for English and maths in the post-16 market. More than 50% of all learners in this sector use ForSkills and Guroo products including:
- SkillsPortfolio, a 'full service' e-portfolio system that manages the complete learner journey and progression. It replaces paperwork driven systems and is fully compliant with Ofsted and SFA/EFA audit requirements.
- SkillsBuilder, a comprehensive e-learning solution for Functional Skills and GCSE English, maths and ICT, incorporating Ofsted compliant assessments, skills diagnostic, video tutorials, progression tracking and a market-leading user interface for engaging learners.
A national awarding organisation, NCFE works in partnership with Learning Curve Group to deliver a diverse range of nationally accredited vocational qualifications to thousands of learners. NCFE’s qualifications are fundable, relevant to today’s industry and can be delivered flexibly in a variety of learning environments.